Nijkerk's MFDU - featuring VAC2000
Nijkerk's 8" MFDU is a Stand - alone configurable and intelligent display unit, specifically designed for observation and command control applications in military vehicles and ground based systems. The MFDU uses AMP's VAC2000
- Is based on a standard 32-Bit x86 platform and combines 800x600 LCD panel with a powerful computing & graphical processing unit
- The MFDU is very compact and particularly suited for military environments with limited space and strong mechanical constraints.
- The "L-Shaped" design of the box allows easy connection of the external cables at the rear without requirement of additional space inside the vehicle.
- The operator can interact with the MFDU by means of 8-software programmable buttons
- The graphical processing unit can generate overlays with various effects like alpha blending, rotation/ translation, scaling and font generation.
- Programming of the man-Machine interface is possible by means of a dedicated graphical API
The VAC2000 provides:
- Multi channel video annotation/ overlay controller
- Four composite or two s-video input channels per board with VGA/ TV or flat panel output.
- Alpha blending-256 levels of per pixel or by defined rectangular region
- 2D 64 bit graphics accelerator with 8Mbyte frame buffer
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +60°C or -40°C to +85°C