Thales BushMaster - featuring HYDRA
Thales integrated the HYDRA into this innovative armoured military vehicle, fitted with an interrogation arm in order to detect IEDs, it exemplifies Thales's extensive system integration expertise as well as the flexibility of the Bushmaster as a platform for new capabilities.
- A highly mobile, ballistics, mine and improvised explosive device (IED) blast resistant Protected Mobility Vehicle
- The hull of the Bushmaster is fully welded steel, constructed. especially for deflecting the pressure of an exploding mine.
- Fully supportive, energy absorbing seating provided for up to 10 soldiers including the driver in full air-conditioned comfort.
- equipped with an interrogation arm designed to help crews uncover, investigate and examine suspect items such as Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) from within the Bushmaster. Each arm is fitted with a camera and metal detector to assist in this activity.
The AMP HYDRA units made under Thales Netherlands specifications can capture, encode and stream up to 12 channels of video ( On-Board installed Cameras) and a single channel of audio over an Ethernet LAN using a variety of compression levels and streaming rates.
- Up to 12 channels of live video inputs (PAL/NTSC).
- Single channel audio input.
- MIL-STD-810F environmental compliance.
- Wide operating temperature range (-20°C to +50°C).
- STANAG 2338 Infrared Reflective paint finish.